The 2016 IRP Annual Meeting took place May 2 - 4, 2016 at the Skirvin Hilton in Oklahoma City, OK.
See the agenda and meeting materials.
- The Electronic Credentials Task Force received feedback on a proposed concept for electronic credentials.
- Attendees provided input on the plan for Clearinghouse data standardization.
- "Day in the Life of a Trucker” gave attendees of the many challenges truckers face, including paperwork, a diversity of jurisdictional regulations, and over 600 potential Compliance – Safety – Accountability violations to avoid.
- Heavy Vehicle Use Tax (HVUT) jurisdiction reviews and HVUT verification requirements were discussed by a representative of the Federal Highway Administration. Additionally there were discussions on the HVUT process and how to improve.
- The Audit Committee discussed issues of credit for fees on vehicles found not to leave base jurisdictions under audit and unreported jurisdictions when records are inadequate, including sharing related survey results.
- Attendees learned about the Unified Registration system and its planned 2016 implementation activities.
- In the discussion of the Performance and Registration Information Systems Management (PRISM), it was emphasized that PRISM compliance, or an alternate approach, is required by Oct. 1, 2020.
- Attendees participated in various off-hours networking activities, including a minor league baseball game a walk to the Oklahoma City National Memorial.
- The Dispute Resolution Committee made decisions regarding four disputes and two interpretations. A summary of the interpretations:
- Can a new carrier have a fleet term less than 12 months? Finding: Yes
- Should the base jurisdiction percentage be adjusted to ensure the total distance percentages equal 100%? Finding: No
More information will be provided when the draft minutes are posted.