The purpose of the IRP Clearinghouse is to facilitate the electronic exchange and reconciliation of registration information and fees among jurisdictions under the International Registration Plan (the Plan).
The Clearinghouse streamlines this information exchange process by enabling IRP jurisdictions to electronically exchange motor carrier and fee information among jurisdictions. In addition, it establishes an electronic remittance netting function with concurrent Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT) capability through a central IRP bank. The system tracks all amounts due to/from a base jurisdiction, to/from all foreign jurisdictions and provides reports on the information.
Clearinghouse training is available through a live, on-line session for the following topics:
- The Clearinghouse process – monthly transmittals and payments
- Use and navigation of the Clearinghouse tool
- Clearinghouse data and reports
Contact Robin Murphy to schedule a session for your jurisdiction.
- To provide timely and accurate exchange of IRP registration and fee information
- To provide a secure environment, with appropriate backup and recovery of data
- To protect motor carrier information exchanged between jurisdictions
- Funds received in a timely manner
- Reduced costs of exchanging remittances between jurisdictions
- Reduced expense of storage, retrieval, and filing of paperwork
- Reduced errors and delays associated with the inter-jurisdictional exchange of information and fee remittances
Clearinghouse Participation Dates
Questions about the IRP Clearinghouse? Contact Robin Murphy. Many general questions are answered on the IRP Clearinghouse FAQ page.
Join the IRP Clearinghouse
History of the Clearinghouse
Clearinghouse 3.0 Reports Webinar
Clearinghouse Data Standardization