International Registration Plan, Inc. seeks a telecommuting communications and membership assistant to provide a wide range of administrative support 20 hours a week. This position will provide communications, database, and events support.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Update membership database with address information, jurisdiction contacts, and other data. Update all IRP email distribution lists, website groups and rosters. Assist users in updating jurisdiction and individual information.
- Develop, edit and post documents, notices, updates, forms, and other information to IRP website in a timely manner. Support the online member community.
- Create, edit, and lay out email newsletter Newsline, notices and other email communication, and send out to membership.
- Update documents with current information.
- Format IRP materials.
- Research information topics.
- Provide administrative support for meetings. Set up events in database. Produce badges, tent cards, registration lists, newsletter, and other materials. Order attendee gifts, awards and supplies. Other functions as required. Onsite, assist with event logistics and manage registration desk.
- Arrange for travel for board, committee and staff members.
- Provide support of IRP ballot process management.
- Issue education certificates. Serve as back-up organizer for webinars.
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
- A minimum of three years relevant experience.
- Associates degree required; Bachelors degree preferred. Significant relevant experience may substitute for education.
- Independent, self-motivated worker with excellent follow-through, able to work successfully in remote environment.
- Proven ability to edit own and others’ work. Excellent grammar.
- Excellent writing skills, with proven ability to write content for email and online communications.
- Experience using a content management system. Experience working with websites and website design preferred.
- Two years experience entering and retrieving data from a relational database. Experience with an association management system preferred. Experience with YourMembership association membership platform a plus.
- Ability to be a quick study and learn about new content areas.
- A good eye and proven ability to format and design communications.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Intermediate level experience with Microsoft Word. Basic experience in Excel. Basic experience in PowerPoint required; intermediate experience with PowerPoint preferred.
- Highly organized, with the ability to track and follow-up on cyclical tasks and projects and to independently manage own workload.
- Follows instructions and responds to management direction. Asks for and offers help when needed.
- Strong customer service mind-set.
- Familiarity with motor carrier issues a plus.
- Past experience telecommuting a plus.
- Ability to work more than set part-time work schedule on occasion, including possibly overtime, required.
- Availability to set a regular part-time schedule with the majority of the hours worked falling during 9 AM and 4 PM Eastern.
- Occasional travel required.
Employees are provided IRP equipment to complete their work, including work computer and cell phone, and a reimbursement for internet costs up to $50. This part-time schedule will qualify employee for 401(K) plan with a company match up to 4% and annual and sick leave.About IRP, Inc.
: The International Registration Plan (IRP), Inc. is a small staff nonprofit organization which is run virtually. IRP, Inc. is currently recruiting two part-time positions to join its existing team of four full-time staff members.
The International Registration Plan is an agreement between the U.S. states and Canadian provinces which recognizes the registration of commercial motor vehicles registered by other jurisdictions. It provides for payment of apportioned licensing fees based on the total distance operated in all member jurisdictions. To learn more about IRP, see the website
or watch the IRP Carrier Training Video
. IRP, Inc. is the official repository of the Plan, providing services, education and information needed to achieve optimum compliance and efficiency in registering vehicles involved in inter-jurisdictional commerce.To apply
: Send resume and cover letter, subject line Communications and Membership Assistant, to email@example.com
. Indicate in cover letter desired hourly rate and confirmation of interest in a part-time, telecommuting position.