In this Issue:
Do you have a colleague who is new to the transportation industry? Provide them with Commonly Used Acronyms in the Transportation Industry.
Access other resources for new staff.
Stop Human Trafficking
The number of victims of human trafficking in the US alone is estimated in the hundreds of thousands, and human trafficking has been reported in all 50 states. Truckers Against Trafficking enables the trucking industry to report and combat this crime, therefore recovering victims across the country.
What can you do?
- Jurisdictions: Request training materials, including a training DVD, wallet cards, and window decals, free of charge by contacting email@example.com. You can also take advantage of technical assistance provided by Truckers Against Trafficking’s State-Based Initiatives, which aims to disseminate educational materials about human trafficking through a variety of entry points in the trucking industry.
- Canadian jurisdictions: The wallet card and window decals include both Canadian and US toll-free numbers.
Read more about Truckers Against Trafficking.
Clearinghouse Data Standardization Project
November 30 is the deadline for jurisdictions to commit to a go-live date for the Data Standardization project. Access the final red-lined Clearinghouse specification, which incorporates all changes for the project, and additional information about the project.
Questions? Contact Robin Murphy.
Updating Your IRP Profile
When was the last time you reviewed your contact information on the IRP website? The IRP website has contact information for jurisdiction contacts available to all IRP members; current information ensures others can obtain your current contact information.
To review your profile information:
- Sign in at www.irponline.org.
- Select profile home on the top right, under “My Profile.”
- Select “edit” if anything needs to be changed or added.
Questions? Contact Amy Cook at (703) 963-2326.
January IRP Board Meeting
The IRP Board will meet Jan. 31 – Feb. 1 in Palm Springs, CA. All are welcome to attend. If you are interested in attending, please contact IRP.
FMCSA Grant Program Notice of Funding Availability
The Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) has posted the notice of funding availability for Motor Carrier Safety Assistance High Priority Grants. The announcement closes Jan. 13, 2017.
Access the notice.
Questions? Contact Rikita Jarrett, Grants Management Specialist, FMCSA, at (202) 366-4186.