In this Issue:
IRP Annual Meeting: Navigating the Future
The 2017 IRP Annual Meeting, May 16 – 18, 2017 in Tempe, Arizona, will have the theme Navigating the Future.
The IRP community will explore upcoming trends in the motor carrier and related industries and how these changes might impact IRP. Electronic credentials, the automation of commercial motor vehicles, evolving technologies in other areas – what possibilities does the future hold? How will potential changes and trends impact the motor carrier industry? Infrastructure? The work of IRP jurisdiction staff? The Plan itself? Join us for this important discussion.
Audit Workshop a Success
The 2017 IFTA/IRP Audit Workshop was a success again this year. More than 200 attendees participated, with 130 jurisdiction attendees from 48 jurisdictions, 79 industry partners, and a record number of 76 first time attendees.
- A day of small group breakouts with a variety of audit scenarios, including manual and electronic.
- GPS vendors providing education on how their systems capture and assimilate GPS data for reporting.
- An onsite heavy vehicle demonstration where the driver discussed his role in the electronic world.
- An energizing icebreaker which provided attendees unusual ways to get to know each other.
- Other sessions including what a carrier must do to get his vehicle on the road, organizational and ballot updates, and an extended and robust town hall session.
Attendees: Look for the survey in your email box soon, and help the IRP and IFTA Audit Committees plan another great event for 2018.
Please consider sending your audit staff to next year’s workshop; it is a wonderful opportunity for auditors to work side-by-side not only with other jurisdiction auditors, but also with third party vendors, service providers and trucking companies. Partnerships are created that will last for years to come.
Resources for Carriers on IRP Website
Refer motor carriers with general questions about IRP to resources on the IRP website:
These and other resources for motor carriers can be found on the IRP Registration page. Consider providing this link to carriers, whether in person, by email, or on your website.
Stop Human Trafficking
The number of victims of human trafficking in the US alone is estimated in the hundreds of thousands, and human trafficking has been reported in all 50 states. Truckers Against Trafficking enables the trucking industry to report and combat this crime, therefore recovering victims across the country.
What can you do?
Learn more at the IRP Annual Meeting, where Kendis Paris, Executive Director of Truckers Against Trafficking, will present on how the IRP community can help combat human trafficking.