Before you even pack your bags, think through how you will share the knowledge gained from the conference to your colleagues. Talk with colleagues beforehand to find out specific questions or concerns for which they would like additional resources and information. Also consider any particular contacts within jurisdictions or industry that might be helpful to your work in the future.
For example, after the event, you might:
- Give a presentation to your colleagues, either about a particular session or the conference in general.
- Brief your supervisor on the meeting highlights.
- Schedule a time for a Q&A with your colleagues about the meeting’s discussions.
- Write summaries of particular programs for colleagues.
- Share handouts from specific sessions with other staff members.
- Follow up with new contacts gained from the meeting.