Listed below are frequently asked questions regarding RFPs and RFIs. If you cannot find the answer you are looking for, please contact IRP Mail.
1. Why should I post an RFP or RFI to IRP, Inc.’s website?
This service is provided to IRP’s membership as a way to raise the visibility of an RFP or RFI that is IRP-related.
2. Is there a cost to post an RFP or RFI?
There is no cost to our membership to post requests.
3. How long will the RFP or RFI be posted?
The RFP or RFI will be posted on our website from the issue date through the close date. IRP, Inc. generally requires two business days’ lead time to post.
4. What information is required to post an RFP or RFI?
If you would like to post an RFP or RFI, you will need to provide the following: an electronic copy of the RFP or RFI, title, brief description, contact information, an issue date, and a close date.
Please use the Information Form to compile and send this information.
5. What if I don't want to post the RFP itself? What can I do?
IRP, Inc. will post information based on your submitted Information Form, including contact information.
6. Whom do I contact if I am interested in posting an RFP or RFI?
Please contact IRP Mail.