By attending this year’s workshop, you will be able to:
- Work with others in your jurisdiction to detect and investigate fraud.
- Observe technology currently used by law enforcement and participate in a simulated roadside enforcement encounter during outdoor demonstrations.
- Prepare yourself for your next IRP or IFTA peer review by hearing about others’ experiences with IRP reviews or learning about the findings and updated processes for IFTA reviews.
- Ensure data quality in both online and over the counter transactions.
- Calculate IRP apportioned percentages and fees. Knowing how to calculate fees manually can be crucial for testing fee changes and explaining fees to carriers.
- Identify and minimize fuel tax evasion schemes.
- Discuss how IFTA qualified vehicles powered by new and alternative means will be taxed by jurisdictions.
- Ensure your jurisdiction knows what to do for IRP registration for vehicles under 26,001 pounds.
- Benefit from best practices when using the IRP Clearinghouse.
- Utilize IFTA Clearinghouse data during roadside enforcements.
- Determine the appropriate IFTA license.
- Network with representatives from US and Canadian jurisdictions, as well as industry stakeholders.
- Newcomers, attend optional 101s on law enforcement, IFTA, and IRP.
- Participate in a joint meeting of the IRP and IFTA Industry Advisory Committees.
Access the agenda.
Return to the Managers' Workshop page.